Thursday, August 15, 2013

Flowers



Back to pants! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy dresses, but every once and awhile, it's nice not to worry about a gust of wind showing off your bits. It's also super satisfying taking them off as the end of the day. A random memory; when I was a child, my mom(who passed away a while back) would come home from work and immediately change in to bummin' around clothes. She didn't work in an office or anything so it wasn't like she was in suits all day, but she would change in to some ratty ass stuff. I never understood why and used to give her a hard time for it. This coming from a kid who used to live in giant over sized t-shirts and boy polos (Also a Puma track jacket, hell yeah!). Now that I'm older with a 9 to 5, I get it. I really really get it. It's like peeling away the work day stress away.  I have this t-shirt I got  at a Tool concert years ago. It's got a giant hole in the armpit and I am never getting rid of it. Just throw it on and some yoga pants and I am good to go for the rest of the night. I would have really liked the chance to tell her she got it right all along.

So a friend of mine gets a discount at Anthropologie, and they had a day where instead of 20% off you'd get 40% instead. I had tried this shirt on in the past but I passed on it because I wanted something else more at the time.I'm glad they still had it when we went back. It's all embroidered flowers and even has some eyelets at the bottom. I'm always concerned with button downs because there's a good chance for button/boob gaps. Man I hate that. This shirt was an ego boost because it's a lot smaller than I would usually wear, and is gap free.It's sleeveless so great for the warmer months but also works well with a cardigan. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to put on a ratty ass t-shirt and make my mother proud.

Blue and white embroidered top: Anthropologie- 30$
Cream cardigan: Joe Fresh (old)- 5$
Black pants: H&M (old)
Blue and white shoes: Keds- 39.98$ (Buy it here)

~Sarah


1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, it feels smooth and comfy to be rested deep within the folds of those relaxing mood clothes.

    ReplyDelete