Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Polka dots 3.0



My lord it's only Wednesday. Work has been hectic over the last few, well months really, but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. It gets super busy this time of year and so I just have to do one final big push without burning out in the process.

It was another meeting free day, so I wore my super comfy mid-rise jeans again, They really are awesome and incredibly comfortable. Plus, I find they do wonders for my legs. Since January I have been wearing my giant Sorel winter boots. These suckers are heavy, and I'm not talking about normal winter boot heavy, I'm talking like an extra 5 pounds a leg kind of heavy. I get winded just trying to go up a flight of stairs in them. Maybe that's just saying more about my overall health than the boot weight. Anyways,  I can honestly say, my legs are starting to look dare I say, almost cut. I had forgotten I had muscles under there. I always find that come the winter months I get super lazy with my exercise routine, and combined with my not so great blood pressure, I really should put more effort in to working out. I'm not saying walking around in these boots makes up for it, but it has become a source of extra activity during these colder months. Point being, my legs are getting toned. If anyone has some fun suggestions to stay fit during the winter months, I'd love to hear them. Gyms have never been my thing so I got an exercise bike, which I use but sometimes it just gets super boring.


Ah yes, another polka dot cardigan. I got it with a gift card I received for my birthday and was bought from Target. I also bought a few other things with the card, including socks. OOooOOoo so exciting I know, but I needed new fuzzy ones, so thank you Michelle! The sweater is covered with grey and orange dots so it's got a lot of potential. I'm looking forwards to pairing it with other outfits.  The top was a Mod Cloth purchase. It's a little big and  I probably could have gone down a size, but shipping back to them from Canada is really expensive. It's a very stretchy jersey type fabric, and is very soft. My issue with it is that the collar didn't lay super flat, even after I gave it a quick ironing. I would still recommend it though, since it's inexpensive, comfortable and a nice spring-y color.



Last but not least, I got new glasses... again. I had gotten some back in August and didn't get the 1 year protection plan. I usually do but I'm pretty good with my glasses, so I didn't bother this time around. Well, one of the lenses got really, really scratched. I was pretty upset since I spent almost 300 bucks on them. Dave went for an eye exam recently, so he decided to buy his glasses online. I had never even considered it since I though you needed to be measured for them and everything. He was pleased with his purchases and considering the price of them online, I decided to give it a shot myself. I'm quite happy with the results. With shipping I paid a whopping 45$ for a pair of prescription glasses. I am never going to buy glasses in store again, I can tell you that much. I still use my other pair, since I really liked them but mostly as back ups.  Also, I  don't like taking close ups of myself, I never know where to look.


Polka dot cardigan: Target (Buy it here)
Mint top: Mod Cloth (Buy it here)
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Payless
Glasses: Zenni (Buy it here)

~Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Come on, no more Zenni glasses. I’ve used GlassesShop.com before and have been very pleased with them. It is also one of the popular stores for four-eyes that i strongly recommended.

    ReplyDelete