Sunday, May 11, 2014

Seersucker


I very rarely post stuff on the weekends. Mostly because I wear pjs or jeans and a t-shirt, which I figure isn't worth the effort of setting up the camera. However, the last few days have been really nice and sunny outside. I was finally able to not wear tights with my dresses and I really wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to get some sun. I'm very careful about sun exposure since I have a tendency to burn (also I'm not going to lie, I don't want skin cancer) but when I can, I try to get at least a bit of color so I don't look like a ghost.

I realize that I haven't posted in the last little bit and I touched on that in my last entry. I just started my summer class so I'm not sure I'll have much time to right now either. However, I still hope to get in at least a post a week. Another reason for my lack of posting: I got my PS3 repaired! It cost around 70$ but it was worth it. I know new ones are not that expensive right now but; 1. I forgot to back up all my save data and 2. I have a launch console that's backwards compatible so I have like 15 years worth of game saves on it. When it first broke I will admit, I cried like a baby. Since I had the power supply fixed, I went and downloaded Child of Light. It's adorable since it's told in rhymes, but whats most important is that the game play is excellent.  It's much like Grandia for the battle system, which if you've never played a Grandia game, you need to get on that right away.  It was one of my favorite PS1 RPGs, right up there with Suikoden 2 and Final Fantasy 7. Anyways, it's a really good game so far, it's on multiple platforms and at around 15$, there's no excuse not give Child of Light a shot.


So on to the clothes. Last year, I had gone down to the states with some friends, saw this Jessica Simpson dress at TJ Maxx and I fell in love. They didn't have it in my size, so I sort of forgot about it. Then a few months back, it and other Jessica Simpson seersucker dresses, kept popping up on a lot of style blogs that I read. I decided to start scouring eBay for it, but since it was at least a year old, I wasn't sure I would find it, or at least not in my size. Well the eBay gods were kind to me that day and I found it for around 30$ which was great. Much like a couple of other of my Jessica Simpson dresses, a size 12 is still a little snug in the chest, but it fits fine everywhere else that sizing up wouldn't be worth it. I can breath comfortably and I can sit in it, so works for me.


The shoes are Keds I bought last summer and are super comfortable. This photo made me realize that I really need to vacuum.

Dress: Jessica Simpson via eBay
Cardigan: Old Navy
Shoes: Keds

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment